FOR COLLEGE STUDENTS (Grade 8 - 12):
The intended outcome is that the curriculum is at the forefront of the work and, as far as possible, student progress should not be negatively impacted. Work will be shared via Google Classroom and will involve online lessons via Google Hangouts/Meet conferencing.
- Students will be invited to join the virtual classroom by their subject/class teachers. Students should be online and ready to connect with their subject teacher and complete a virtual roll call each morning at the normal start time.
- Teachers will record all Google Hangouts/Meet lessons and make them available for students.
- Subject teachers will contact home about absent students and those who are not completing the work.
Daily timetable for College Students
- Classes will take place ‘live’ as per the normal school timetable.
- Work for each class will be posted for the timetabled lesson via Google Classroom.
- Lessons will commence with a live video feed via Google Hangouts/Meet to:
- Connect with students ‘face-to-face’
- Recap the learning objectives of the previous lesson(s)
- Introduce and explain what will be covered in the day’s lesson
- Answer any questions/address any concerns that students might have
- Monitor and follow up ‘attendance’.
- For all College related questions, kindly contact your subject teacher.
- Should any matter need to be escalated, please contact a Deputy Head or Head of School.
Work set will reflect the length of the lesson and wherever possible, reflect the normal curriculum objectives. Learning activities may however differ from those in a classroom setting.
Homework during remote learning will complement the lesson, just as with normal school.
It is the student’s responsibility to complete the work or communicate to their teacher why it is not completed. Teachers will ensure that by the end of the day, all student queries have been dealt with in an appropriate manner.
Should you have any technical difficulties in accessing Google Classroom or any of the online applications being used, your class teacher will be available online or he/she will be able to escalate your query to our IT Managers for support. If there are any updates to these arrangements, we will advise you immediately. We ask for your support at this time as we all work together through these exceptional circumstances.