PARENTS AND FRIENDS COMMITTEE
Who are we?
The Parents and Friends Association comprises parents and/or legal guardians of current students of Reddam House Atlantic Seaboard. We are a group of parents who are passionate about giving back to the underprivileged communities around us. We host two major fundraising events annually – the Food Fair, and a charity auction ball, as well a few smaller fundraisers during the course of the year.
Aims & Objectives:
- Interacting with the broader community and friends of the school
- Introducing parents to and involving parents in the broader school community and by placing parents resources at the Schools disposal to:
- Assist in hosting sporting , social, tours and cultural events
- Support in specified fund raising events
- Assist with the new parents/students induction programs
- Serve on committees such as the garden and library committees and
- Assist with community service.
On a personal note:
- We aim to raise as much funds as possible to give back to the less fortunate
- We volunteer at institutions where required
- We build relationships with other parents, students and our chosen charity organisations
- We “Pay it Forward” with your help
List of Charity Organisations Supported: These charities have been selected based on good governance, their ability to show impact and how the cause resonates with the philanthropic values of Reddam House.
Our unique approach has been to develop close working relationships with each charity and provide in-kind support based on an agreed upon annual ‘wish-list’.
Atlantic House of Hope, Bless-a-Baby, Christine Revell Children’s Home, Ellerton Primary School, Hout Bay Soccer Club, Includid Homes, James House, Little Lambs, Prestwich Primary, Salesians Institute, Sarah Fox Hospital for Children, Sea Point Place, Somerset Hospital, The Carpenter Shop, The Homestead, Tin Can Town, Walking with Brandon, Zip Zap Circus.